Updates from the Meta-Mesh: AUGUST
Catch up on updates from the MESH portfolio
The MESH network comprises a portfolio of over 190 positions, 250+ founders, and a community of 5,000+ people. With a network of this size, there is always important news to share, so we decided to bring you a digestible monthly recap of our community updates. From portfolio company milestones to new job opportunities to the latest articles from the MESH team, you’ll find it all below…
- W3BCLOUD plans to go public via SPAC with Social Leverage Acquisition Corp. The combined company is valued at $1.25BIL.
- In an open letter to the U.S. Department of Treasury, ConsenSys Software outline the steps they are taking for the responsible development of digital assets.
- Gitcoin Passport was rolled out at EthCC. It runs on Ceramic and enables any dApp to use Gitcoin Grant’s sybil resistance.
- Gnosis Guild released TABULA — blogs hosted on IPFS for DAOs, web3 writers and Ethereum based accounts.
- Coinbase lists Gnosis’ GNO token.
- Chainsafe has launched Sygma, an interoperability layer with fast, secure and reliable cross-chain messaging.
- Rubic Exchange allows users to make multi-chain swaps in one click. They now support Gnosis Chain.
- Orbis Launches on Ceramic Mainnet to Supercharge Social on Web3.
- Aztec Connect crossed the 10k ETH mark in shielded deposits.
- Rocketpool announced protocol governance phase 0 with intended participation from active node operators and vote delegation.
- The first mainnet node operators on Lido running Lodestar (from Chainsafe) are live — with 28 activ and 10 pending activations (support minority clients).
- CommunityGaming launched on Ronin to support Axie world championships.
- HUDDLN opens their alpha XP dashboard for any users to create their own loyalty and rewards layer. https://xp.huddln.io/.
- Mona successfully launched their highly anticipated VRM custom avatar support popularized by VRChat. Now you can port in Meebits, CloneX and dozens of other open metaverse characters.
- Neon DAO launched a public gallery: https://gallery.so/NeonDAO. In partnership with Tribute Labs, they also launched Neon BUIDL, an experiment in building in the open and together. Architects, 3D creators, and metaverse builders of all kinds are joining to teach, learn and build together. Discord here.
- Fingerprints DAO became the largest collector of Mutant Garden Seeder by Harm van den Dorpel. These generative pieces dynamically mutant over time at varying frequency giving this medium an ephemeral element.
- Ready Player DAO launched a Founder’s Pass which has already sold out.
- Ryan Shea, crypto economist at portfolio company Trakx, has published a research paper on Maker DAO. The TL;DR — MakerDAO is experiencing an internal tussle over governance as two competing proposals have been put forward by members of the community illustrating the need for efficient decision making even in a decentralized world.
- Thomas Rush from MESH wrote an article entitled “Creating & Managing your Board of Directors: Best practices & more”. The TL;DR: picking good board members can make or break the long term success of your organization. Source broadly and maintain a rigorous selection process. Send all materials to the board before a board meeting takes place so they can prepare…more helpful tips in the article.
- The latest MESH investment spotlight was on portfolio company Allinfra. Read it here.
- MESH reading list. Keeping up with the news in web3 can be challenging, so the MESH team has started pooling their favorite web3 articles, podcasts and newsletters and we wanted to share with you.
Here are some upcoming conferences we are eyeing:
- Metaverse Miami // 8/1/22–8/3/22, Miami, Florida
- ETH Berlin // 9/16/22–9/18/22, Berlin, Germany
- Devcon // 10/11/22–10/14/22 // Bogota, Colombia
MESH Portfolio Careers:
- MESH is looking for freelance technical writers. Description here.
- Lead DevOps Engineer // 3Labs. 3Box Labs is looking for an Engineer to lead the team in planning, architecting and executing of the implementation of their platform to serve our scaling decentralized data network. Job description here.
- Rust Team Lead // ChainSafe. ChainSafe is looking for an expert to lead the technical delivery of substrate-related projects and develop crypto-economically sound solutions. Job description here.
- Solidity Developer // Gnosis. Gnosis is looking for a Solidity Developer to create proprietary technology and work with developer communities building on Gnosis. Job description here.
Originally published at mesh.xyz.